Saturday, January 7, 2012

Time to Meet Enriqueta

So for the past month or so I have been studying the "Learn from the Great Teacher" book with a 10 year old girl named Enriqueta. She is really progressing and really understands what we are talking about. She actually was the one who found us in the ministry. One day while Justin was walking in service she came running up from behind him asking if she could have a Bible. So for a week we tried to get her home to give her a Bible. Well at the end of that week as we were walking away from her house she came running with a huge bag begging us for the Bible. We told her we would come back later that day with the Bible and a book. When we did she was so excited. I showed her how to look up scriptures and asked if she wanted to study together. Now we study everyday. Her mom wants her to learn English, so I teach her about 15 minutes worth and then we study for 45 minutes. It is really great. She remembers every picture why it is there and even the scriptures associated with it. I have not met her family yet but I know they are listening inside when we study outside. She is so sweet she always gives me a little spinach from her garden or a piece of candy. I really hope this study continues and she progresses.
Enriqueta underlining points she likes in the book.

Enriqueta and I after our study.


No comments:

Post a Comment