Saturday, September 11, 2010

Surprise Going Away Party

Well I am writing this after returning home from a surprise going away party that our congregation had for us. It was so wonderful. It overwhelmed me a little and I cried. It was so nice to see all of my friends there. They had made all our favorite foods. MMMmmmm!! The kids sang two kingdom songs. They did such a great job. Then we watched the newest Bolivia video. Then they had a drama after that it was about David and Goliath. It was amazing. They had pre-recorded their voices, they had an intro like they do at the assemblies even. It was so cool. They had all the outfits too. They had one of our elders dressed as a bear, like when the bear tried to eat David's sheep and he had to hit it. Then Goliath was a tall brother in our hall. It was funny I couldn't stop laughing. They practiced and worked so hard on it. It is funny because we usually stay after the meeting on Wednesday until the end and they all were waiting downstairs for us to leave. LOL They stayed up until 12 o'clock at night working on it. I can not believe they did all that for us. It was so nice. I will have to post pictures when I get some. They also gave us a book where everyone in the hall wrote something to us. It is so nice to be able to take those encouraging words with us to Bolivia. I love the brothers and sisters in our hall soooooo much.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cool you guys! What a loving group of friends! Can't wait too see you both this weekend.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete