Monday, September 6, 2010

First Week of Pioneering Together

So we have completed one week of pioneering together. So far so good. We started 2 studies and are ready to go back out in service tomorrow. Today we laid around the house and relaxed. We figured that Mondays would be the day we would rest and catch up on everything for the next week. We are 50% complete with our visas to Bolivia. Right now we are waiting for a letter from the Bolivian Branch in Santa Cruz. We have to have an official letter that we can send to the Bolivian consulate here. Hopefully it will get here soon because we have a very short time before we leave. It is in Jehovah's hands. I have complete confidence. :) I had a hard day on Saturday because we worked in service at the flea market. It was hard for me because not only are you walking up to people to talk to them but it is almost like you have to chase them down. That made me so nervous. Then on top of that I got turned down every time. Which is rare. One guy even closed my Bible on me. It hurt because I was so nervous in the first place and then for him to do that just made we worse. I have been feeling down about my Spanish too, but I am working on that by listening to podcasts on my iTouch before I go to sleep so that I think about it in the night too. Thank you everyone for the encouragement. You may not realize how much us means to us. It really does help to hear encouraging things. Last night we went to Booms Day which is the biggest fireworks show in the nation. It was so amazing. Here is a few pictures of us and Jared Greene our friend, who was in town for the weekend.

Click here to view these pictures larger

No comments:

Post a Comment