Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fire Nearby

 Justin and I had a very interesting day. We got caught in a huge fire. So I grabbed my camera and Justin his flip flops and we ran out to see what was going on. As we got closer we saw the over 20 acres of brush had been burned down. As we talked to the people in the area they said they think that it was a spark because it is so dry that it just overtook everything. We were worried because there was a neighborhood only 3 yards away from the fire. Some neighborhoods did have small amounts of damage. Off I went into the flames to take some pictures. After awhile we went back to the very first place I took photos. There was only a few people there and some huge flames. So we waited and out of the smoke came a fire truck. Justin jumped into action and helped the fireman with the hose. I think he really enjoyed it. We spent almost 3 hours helping out and me taking pictures. It was so big. I got some amazing photos on top of the airport of the planes taking off before the flames jumped to the other side. 400+ photos.
Watering her side so the flames don't hit it.
The beginning.

Charred remains of a tree.

Aftermath.

The road for the firemen.

The beginning. How the streets looked.

Neighbors filling buckets to help the firemen.

The army running to fill buckets of water.

The airports firetruck.

Plane coming in.

Plane taking off.

Justin (6th person) helping the fireman.

Taking out the fire.

Aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment